But it is good. Well, for gluten-free bread. My dad has made several hundred loaves of this bread. He uses plain air-popped popcorn and his trusty all purpose gluten free flour. And his bread maker. Well, I can’t make air-popped pop corn, so, I brought home a free refill on my popcorn from the theater. I also discovered (after measuring everything out), that the bread maker I was given was too small for this loaf. So, I improvised.
And dad, I made it even better than you do.
Next time you go to the theater, get the large popcorn and get it refilled as you leave the theater (if your theater gives you free popcorn), you will then have the most exotic ingredient in this recipe.
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 12 grams (2 Tablespoons) Flaxseed Meal
- 2 Eggs Slightly Beaten
- 1 Cup Plain/Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1.5 Tablespoons Active Dry Yeast
- 57 grams (⅔Cup Dry Milk)
- 1 Cup Popcorn Flour*
- 100 grams (½ Cup) Brown Rice Flour
- 40 grams (1/3 cup) buckwheat flour
- 50 grams (3/8 cup) sweet white sorghum flour
- 40 grams (3 tablespoons + ½ teaspoon) sweet white rice flour
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) tapioca starch
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) corn starch
- 20 grams (3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons) flax meal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease & flour (use some white rice flour for this) a muffin tin.
- Mix hot water, 12 grams flax and yeast. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix remaining wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Combine wet ingredients, dry ingredients and yeast mixture.
- Divide evenly among the wells of a muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-30 mins. The rolls are cooked when a toothpick comes out clean.